Who is M T McGuire?
Here are ten other things you never knew – and may wish you didn’t – about M T McGuire.
- M T McGuire is a humorous fantasy author – the books are quite funny too.
- MTM’s work has been read out on TV, but unfortunately, that was in another life and the piece in question was a statement for Watchdog. So far her novels have remained blissfully undiscovered by all but the most tenacious – and voracious – readers.
- She’s a stay-at-home Mum.
- She loves cars. Big time. Like Homer Simpson likes doughnuts.
- The first actual book M T wrote was Charles the Dragon Slayer – give her some slack over that title there people, she was only five. It’s hard forming words and letters when you’re that age, so Charles was correspondingly taciturn and the tales of his exploits short and pithy.
- It took 13 years to write Few Are Chosen, K’Barthan Trilogy: Part 1 – M T McGuire’s first publishable book.
- She secretly fantasises that her car is a snurd… not so secretly actually. It IS a snurd.
- She once played the national anthem on a make up remover bottle on TV. She suspects that could have been her 15 minutes of fame, and that her books may remain undiscovered. “I fear that was my 15 minutes of fame,” she said, “and that my books will remain undiscovered.”
- M T actually, honestly, genuinely, knows the way to Amarillo.
- She’s member of the Gumbee Fantasy Writers’ Guild – seriously, www.gumbeeguild.co.uk.
M T McGuire’s practical stay-at-home-mum-mobile is pictured below.
“It’s lucky I never managed a second kid because I can’t afford the 2+2 version,” says M T, adding, “You would not believe how much primary coloured crap you can jam into a Lotus if you choose it carefully. Although I confess, if McMini ever wants to learn a musical instrument, some, the double bass, for example, will be off limits.”